Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Complaint Letter to Labour Commissioner for Form 16

Letter format 1

[Your Name]

[Your Address]

[City, State, Zip Code]

[Email Address]

[Phone Number]

[Date]


Labour Commissioner

[Address of Labour Commissioner Office]

[City, State, Zip Code]


Subject: Complaint Regarding Non-Issuance of Form 16


Dear Sir/Madam,


I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a serious issue concerning the non-issuance of Form 16 by my employer, [Company Name]. I have been facing significant difficulties in obtaining this essential document for the assessment of my income tax returns.

I have been an employee at [Company Name] for the financial year [Financial Year], and my salary was subject to tax deduction at source (TDS) during this period. As per the Income Tax Act, 1961, it is the employer's responsibility to issue Form 16 to each of its employees who have undergone TDS deductions within a stipulated timeframe.

Despite my repeated requests to the company's HR department, I have not received my Form 16 for the aforementioned financial year. This has resulted in considerable inconvenience, as I am unable to file my income tax returns accurately and on time.

I want to highlight that Form 16 is a crucial document required by the Income Tax Department for the assessment of an individual's tax liability. Its non-issuance not only violates my rights as an employee but also hampers my ability to comply with my legal obligations regarding income tax filing.

Therefore, I seek your urgent intervention in this matter to ensure that my employer promptly issues the Form 16 to me and other affected employees. I also request you to take appropriate actions against the company for failing to comply with the tax laws and for causing unnecessary hardship to its employees.

Furthermore, I kindly request your office to conduct an investigation into the company's practices related to tax deductions and Form 16 issuance to ascertain if other employees are also facing similar issues.

I trust that you will take the necessary steps to address this matter and uphold the rights of employees as enshrined in the labor laws and income tax regulations.

Thank you for your attention to this issue. I look forward to a speedy resolution and compliance with the required legal procedures.


Yours sincerely,


[Your Name]


Enclosures:

  1. Proof of employment with [Company Name] (e.g., appointment letter, salary slips)
  2. Evidence of communication with the company regarding Form 16 issuance
  3. Any other relevant documents supporting the complaint.


Letter format 2

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

Labour Commissioner
[Address of Labour Commissioner Office]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Subject: Complaint Regarding Non-Issuance of Form 16

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a serious issue regarding the non-issuance of Form 16 by my employer, [Company Name]. The purpose of this letter is to file a formal complaint and seek your intervention to ensure compliance with tax regulations and labor laws.

As an employee of [Company Name], I was employed from [Joining Date] to [Last Working Date], and during this period, tax was deducted from my salary as per the Income Tax laws of our country. However, despite the statutory requirement, the company has failed to provide me with the Form 16 for the financial year [Financial Year] which is necessary for filing my income tax returns.

Form 16 is an essential document required by all salaried individuals to file their income tax returns and to claim tax refunds if applicable. It contains crucial details related to the tax deducted at source (TDS) by the employer and other relevant financial information. The non-issuance of Form 16 not only puts employees in a difficult situation during the tax filing process but also raises concerns about the company's compliance with tax regulations and labor laws.

I have approached the company's HR department on multiple occasions to request the issuance of Form 16, but my efforts have been in vain. Their response has been evasive, and I have not received any concrete assurance or timeline for receiving the document.

I strongly believe that the non-issuance of Form 16 by [Company Name] is a violation of labor laws and tax regulations, and it compromises my rights as an employee. It is my duty to comply with tax laws, and I am facing undue hardships due to the company's negligence in providing this essential document.

In light of the above, I request your esteemed office to intervene in this matter and ensure that [Company Name] promptly issues the Form 16 for the financial year [Financial Year]. I also seek your assistance in monitoring the company's adherence to all relevant tax and labor laws, to safeguard the rights and interests of the employees.

I am willing to cooperate with any inquiry or investigation that may be required to resolve this matter. Your intervention will not only assist me but also set a precedent for adherence to labor and tax regulations, benefiting all employees of the organization.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I sincerely hope for a swift resolution to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]


Enclosures:
  1. Proof of employment with [Company Name] (appointment letter, salary slips, etc.)
  2. Communication with the company's HR department regarding Form 16 request

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts